Thursday, November 3, 2016

Freshman Research Conference

What I learned at the conference was more about cooperative learning, and how that worked for our class splitting it up into little groups to gather up information, and to then bringing it back together. I learned more also on what the difference between self esteem and self efficacy is. One differs from the other due to one being the confidence in one's own worth, and the other is one's belief in the sense of succeeding in one specific situation or task that's being accomplished. Lastly, from the last group I learned about others being in tough situations, but no matter what caring and protecting for others around them. It's neither from a greater extend or lesser extent. My reasoning for that is that they did an amazing job by presenting. But as I observed them they had notes cards, but were also reading off the presentation. Not all of them did that, but for myself I found it distracting. The examples that were great, since they were all real life examples. As the presenter from my group presented I supported that person by smiling, and nodding at them understanding what they were explaining. I did the same for all the other presenters. Bringing all these ideas from different people together brought a great perspective to the presentations. The happy group actually hit me, since I was able to connect with some of the things they were saying. The talk about when always letting the negative things get in the way, and having that prevent you from pushing yourself forward struck me.

No comments:

Post a Comment